Grade 1 Home
Aloha First Grade Families!
We are in our final month second quarter distance learning! The year has gone by so quickly. We are so thankful for that we are able to teach your children during this difficult time and appreciate the support from families at home! Mahalo from the bottom of our hearts! Please be safe during this holiday season and enjoy your time with your families!
Here are a few reminders for the month of December:
- Winter break is December 21-January 4.
- Resource schedule is as followed:
- November 30-December 4:Teal Week
- December 7-11: Black Week
- December 14-18: Teal Week
- Help your child become independent at basic skills tech skills: like logging on/off meetings, muting/unmuting, adjusting volume, changing view so they can see teacher. Train your child to only ask for your help with trouble shooting.
- Resist the urge to sit next to your child during learning. At this point in the school year, your child is, for the most part, independent and knows when to ask the teacher for help. Your child's teacher can best help your child when she knows your child's strengths and needs. Helping your child become independent in their distance learning will help the transition back to face-to-face learning an easier one.
- Use breaks for rest for computer and exercise! Your child will be sitting in front of their computer for long stretches of time. Encourage them to use the breaks in the day to stretch, walk the dog, or do jumping jacks — any movement helps!
- Give grace to yourself, your child, the school, and teachers. We are are all learning together and trying our best to make this the best learning experience for your child.
🥰 Ms. Manliguis D101
🥰 Ms. Forges D102
🥰 Mrs. Kurashima D103
🥰 Ms. Tolentino D104
🥰 Mrs. Salvido TB3
🥰 Mrs. Ko TB4