Student Registration Requirements
Registration Hours: 8:30 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
You must be the child’s LEGAL GUARDIAN to register.
BIRTH CERTIFICATE OR PASSPORT
As a result of Act 178, Session Laws of Hawaii 2012, starting August 2014, a child must be 5 on or before July 31, 2014 to enter kindergarten. Website: http://earlylearning.hawaii.gov/kindergarten-age-change/
- Original Birth Certificate issued by Department of Health’s Office of Health Status Monitoring only (Birth Announcements provided by the hospital is not accepted.)
- Original Passport.
PROOF OF RESIDENCY: TWO (2) TYPES
1st Type of Proof of Residency
- If you are the owner of the home: House Deed, Escrow, Mortgage Statement or Property Tax with parent’s/guardian’s name and street address.
- If you are the renter of the home: Rental/Lease Agreement with parent’s/guardian’s names, student’s name and street address.
2nd Type of Proof of Residency
- Any current utility (electric, cable, water) bill with parent’s/guardian’s name and street address.
Verification of Residency Statement Notary Form Instructions
If you reside with the homeowner and your name is not listed on the two (2) types of proof of residency mentioned above, you must provide a completed Verification of Residency Statement Notary Form provided by our school office. The homeowner’s name on the Notary Form must be consistent with the name on the proof of residency documents.
TUBERCULOSIS (TB) CLEARANCE AND A COMPLETED STUDENT HEALTH RECORD
Students missing either of these requirements will NOT be permitted to enter school on the first day.
TB Test Clearance
- PPD / Mantoux series.
- must include the date given, date read, the reading in MM’s and the doctor’s signature.
- administered in Hawaii.
- read within one (1) year of your child’s first day of school.
Student Health Record–PhysicalExamination (PE) and All Required Immunizations
- completed by a United States medical physician.
- done within one (1) year of your child’s first day of school.
- NOTE: An appointment card from the doctor’s office will be accepted and your child may still be enrolled. Our health aide will give you a form allowing you up to 90 days to provide our office with proof of your child’s physical examination.
RELEASE PACKET / WITHDRAWAL DOCUMENTS FROM FORMER SCHOOL
- Transferring from Hawaii DOE school: You must provide the release packet from your child’s previous Hawaii DOE school.
- Transferring from mainland/foreign school: You may provide us with records if the previous school provided it to you.
Please complete the consent form to request records from your child’s previous school.
- Completed registrations received-
- BEFORE 1:00 p.m. will allow your child to start school the following day.
- AFTER 1:00p.m. will allow your child to start school in (2) days.
- Your child will be placed on the track that has the least amount of students in order to balance out the total number of students in each class. Siblings (not cousins, etc.) attending Kapolei Elementary will be placed on the same track.
We do not automatically match tracks with siblings at Kapolei Middle School.