Physical Education (PE)
Kapolei Elementary students will be participating in the SPARK Physical Education program this year: Sports, Play & Active Recreation for Kids
Focus of Instruction will be on Fun and Fitness Circuits
Fitness circuits provide opportunities for cardiovascular, agility, and strength development, as well as sports skill practice. Students learn and participate in stations that are easily adaptable to any level.
Some of the following stations will be taught and practiced:
Stations in Standing Position
Jumping Jacks • Jog Around Cones • Line Jumps (Ladders) • Jump Rope • Bench Steps (Stairs) • Jumping Hoops • Straddle Jumps • Jump Twist (Dots) • Burpees • Forward Lunges • Wall Push-ups
Stations in Sitting Position
Curl-ups • Hill Climber • Push-ups • Crab Walk • Flat Tire • Frog Jumps
Please check your child’s planner to help him/her prepare for PE classes.
Please see that your child has the following on days they have PE class:
• Covered shoes
• Shorts (please follow dress code)
• School uniform (On “Wash Wednesdays” wear short sleeve t-shirt)
* NOTE: To help prevent injury to our students, those who do not have shoes will not be allowed to participate in PE class.
It is expected that students will:
• Enjoy and seek out physical activity
• Develop and maintain acceptable levels of physical fitness
• Develop a variety of basic movement and manipulative skills so they will experience success and feel comfortable during present and future physical activity pursuits
• Develop the ability to get along with others in movement environments (e.g., share space and equipment, employ the ‘golden rule’ of competition – be a good sport, and demonstrate