Please watch the news for the most up to date information about the weather.
Green Track Students Only - Student Led Conference October 20-30
Green Track Students Only
School ends at 1:00 daily for student-led conferences on the following days:
Monday, October 20
Tuesday, October 21
Thursday, October 23
Friday, October 24
Monday, October 27
Wednesday, October 29
Thursday, October 30
Help Keep Our Students Safe!
For more than a week, school children across Oahu have reported incidents of being approached by strangers while walking to and from school.
The safety of your children is of the utmost importance to us. We are sending this information to you as a precaution, and to encourage you to speak to your child measures to stay safe, specifically about “stranger danger.”
As an added precaution, please reinforce with your child the following safety measures:
• Stay away from strangers, do not talk to or take anything from them.
• Don’t go anywhere with someone you don’t know. Never accept a ride from a stranger.
• Stay more than an arm’s reach from strangers. If you are approached by a stranger, seek help immediately from a trusted adult.
• Use the buddy system; avoid walking anywhere alone.
• If a stranger grabs you, do whatever it takes to stop the stranger, yell for help.
• Report any suspicious activity to a trusted adult.
• Be alert of your surroundings and let others know where you will be and what time you will be back.
We appreciate your help as we work together to keep all of our students safe.
WANTED: Crossing Guard
Got some time on your hands? Want to help keep our kids safe in traffic? Kapolei Elementary School, in conjunction with the Honolulu Police Department, is looking for a responsible adult to become a crossing guard for the school.
The job will entail assisting our students in getting to school and back home safely. The job location is at the traffic lights at the intersection of Kama'aha Loop and Kama'aha Avenue. Working hours are one hour before school and one hour after school. If you are interested, please call Vice Principal Arakawa at 693-7000.
Kapolei Elementary School Parent Newsletter Online!
Kapolei Elementary is Going Green!
In an effort to conserve paper, the Kapolei Elementary School Newsletter will be available online beginning November 2014!
In our Aug/Sept newsletter we have asked parents to fill out a form if they would like to continue to receive a hard copy of the newsletter. If we do not receive the request form back from our parents, then parents will no longer receive a hard copy of the newsletter.
For those who do not request a copy of the newsletter, beginning November, the Kapolei Elementary Newsletter will be available online and in the school office only.