Help Keep Our Students Safe!
For more than a week, school children across Oahu have reported incidents of being approached by strangers while walking to and from school.
The safety of your children is of the utmost importance to us. We are sending this information to you as a precaution, and to encourage you to speak to your child measures to stay safe, specifically about “stranger danger.”
As an added precaution, please reinforce with your child the following safety measures:
• Stay away from strangers, do not talk to or take anything from them.
• Don’t go anywhere with someone you don’t know. Never accept a ride from a stranger.
• Stay more than an arm’s reach from strangers. If you are approached by a stranger, seek help immediately from a trusted adult.
• Use the buddy system; avoid walking anywhere alone.
• If a stranger grabs you, do whatever it takes to stop the stranger, yell for help.
• Report any suspicious activity to a trusted adult.
• Be alert of your surroundings and let others know where you will be and what time you will be back.
We appreciate your help as we work together to keep all of our students safe.
WANTED: Crossing Guard
Got some time on your hands? Want to help keep our kids safe in traffic? Kapolei Elementary School, in conjunction with the Honolulu Police Department, is looking for a responsible adult to become a crossing guard for the school.
The job will entail assisting our students in getting to school and back home safely. The job location is at the traffic lights at the intersection of Kama'aha Loop and Kama'aha Avenue. Working hours are one hour before school and one hour after school. If you are interested, please call Vice Principal Arakawa at 693-7000.
Kapolei Elementary School Parent Newsletter Online!
Kapolei Elementary is Going Green!
In an effort to conserve paper, the Kapolei Elementary School Newsletter will be available online beginning November 2014!
In our Aug/Sept newsletter we have asked parents to fill out a form if they would like to continue to receive a hard copy of the newsletter. If we do not receive the request form back from our parents, then parents will no longer receive a hard copy of the newsletter.
For those who do not request a copy of the newsletter, beginning November, the Kapolei Elementary Newsletter will be available online and in the school office only.
Safety on the Kapolei Elementary Front Office Loop
Loop at the Front Office: Reminder to All Parents
1. NO parking allowed at the loop at the front office
2. PICK UP AND DROP OFF ONLY
3. After School Pick Up Procedures: If your child is not at the front office when you drive up, you will need to drive around again until your child is at the front .
4. NO pick up / NO drop off allowed by the CONED areas.
5. For the courtesy of other cards behind you, please move up as far forward as possible in the loop to drop off / pick up your child.
6. Don't want to deal with the busy traffic? Peak Traffic Times: morning - 7:35-7:45 afternoon - 2:00-2:15 and 1:15 - 1:30 on Wednesdays. Pick up or drop off your child during non-peak traffic times. Coming to pick up your child 5-10 minutes after peak traffic times can make a big difference in wait time for you!
The adults in the yellow vest are there to assist you. Please follow their directions.
Thank you for helping to keep our students safe!
EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2014: ALA CARTE MILK PRICE CHANGE
Effective August 1, 2014
Ala Carte Milk Price Changed from $.50 to $.60.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.